Fighting Trump's Demolition Team
Since taking office Trump has violated the basic rights of millions of people across the nation and around the world. Over the last week alone he’s issued sweeping deportation orders, rescinded Obama-era protections for transgender students and ramped up his war on the press.
Our 100 Days of Disruption campaign — which coincides with the first 100 days of the Trump presidency — is designed to push back. Every day activists receive an email that highlights a quick-and-easy action they can take. Some of these relate to core Free Press issues like saving Net Neutrality, promoting affordable internet access, protecting online privacy and safeguarding the First Amendment. Others center on communities whose lives are literally on the line.
In the last two weeks alone our activists have (among other things):
- Sounded the alarm about dangerous propagandist-in-chief Steve Bannon and urged Congress to remove him from the National Security Council.
- Demanded that North Dakota drop the charges against journalist Jenni Monet, who was arrested on Feb. 1 for reporting on #NoDAPL.
- Joined #RaidWatch to help expose Trump’s deportation force.
- Showed up at town halls across the country and urged our elected representatives to stand up to Trump and his demolition team.
- Urged new FCC Chairman Ajit Pai to stop undermining the open internet and start protecting our rights to connect and communicate.
- Told Disney CEO Bob Iger and Tesla CEO Elon Musk to quit Trump’s business council.
- Attended one of the many #NotMyPresidentDay events happening around the country.
- Pushed the FBI to promote government transparency and keep accepting Freedom of Information Act requests via email.
- Delivered nearly 200,000 Net Neutrality petitions to the FCC.
- Urged the Justice Department to investigate Trump’s financial conflicts of interest.
Help keep our momentum going: Join this group of dedicated activists today.